Government Editing and Proofreading
We will help you to present your documents in proper English and will attend to the language editing, technical editing, and editing of references (where applicable) in your document. Because you are a professional, we believe your documents should look professional too, just like you.
“The Council was impressed with the quality of service provided and would recommend the supplier to any organisation that wishes to obtain a skilled and competent supplier to edit its annual reports.” – Research & Media Manager at the Education Labour Relations Council (ELRC)
Our goal is to create respect for your important documents, which normally find their way into public hands. The great number of clients that we have assisted can readily attest to our credibility.
“Let’s Edit (Pty) Ltd conducted their editing services in a professional manner and delivered work within agreed time frames.” – Director at Balushi Chartered Accountants and Auditors (Balushi Inc.)II
Government Editing – Gold Package (for editing 5 000 words or less = cost is per word)R0.55 excl. VAT Add to cartQuick View
Government Editing – Platinum Package (for editing more than 5 000 words = cost is per word)R0.49 excl. VAT Add to cartQuick View
Proofreading – Gold Package (if document was edited by Let’s Edit = cost is per page)R69.00 excl. VAT Add to cartQuick View
Proofreading – Platinum Package (document was not edited by Let’s Edit = cost is per page)R89.00 excl. VAT Add to cartQuick View
Stakeholders are sensitive to the image that an organisation portrays, which may come through in its documents. An organisation such as a government agency or government department that has its documents edited will easily attract the respect of professionals and the public at large, as they will likely associate such an organisation with trustworthiness and professionalism. On the other hand, an organisation that never has its documents edited can easily be viewed as unprofessional. All of this has an impact on whether others will take your documents seriously or not.
Make the right decision, boost your image, and let your documents make you shine!
Some of those we have assisted with editing and proofreading of their documents include accountants, chief executive officers (CEOs), managing directors, auditors, engineers, professors, doctors, and many others.
Because we respect the confidentiality of your government documents, we are willing to sign a Confidentiality Agreement or Non-disclosure Agreement before engaging in your editing project.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
This is the stage where a professional editor checks that what you have written makes grammatical sense. Is that brilliant idea conveyed in a way that people can actually understand? Do your subjects and verbs agree? Is there consistency of style? Does the document look neat and appealing? The editing process can involve correction, condensation, organisation, and many other modifications performed with an intention of producing a correct, consistent, accurate and complete document.
- Annual Performance Plans
- Annual Reports
- Country Reports
- Funding Proposals and Reports
- Other Proposals
- Other Reports
- Progress Reports
- Quarterly Reports
- Strategic Plans
- Websites, AND more …
- Poor GRAMMAR often brings into question the understandability of the rest of a document. It is often attributed to the diverse languages that people use in a country.
- Incorrect PUNCTUATION can distort the meaning of a sentence.
- Incorrect SPELLING will make your document look careless, untrustworthy, and unprofessional. The use of texting language and instant chat language has contributed to a breakdown in the proper use of spelling.
- Many countries have a certain type of English that they use. Some use BRITISH ENGLISH, while others use AMERICAN ENGLISH. For example, the United States of America uses American English, whereas South Africa uses British English. Any mixing of American English and British English in formal and professional settings is normally unacceptable.
- Improper REFERENCING is often frowned upon and is not acceptable in professional environments.
- Many fall into the trap of improper use of SUBJECT AND VERB AGREEMENT – these, at times, include some native English speakers or those who have English as a home language/mother tongue.
- Poor FORMATTING and LAYOUT makes a business document look messy and untidy, and this makes the document less inviting to read.
Whether it is spelling (goverment or government), grammar, punctuation (it’s or its), subject and verb agreement, consistency, homophones, layout or format of your document, or referencing of your document that you are worried about, leave it all to us, and we’ll give your document a professional look and restore dignity to your document. DON’T LOSE A GOOD REPUTATION UNNECESSARILY BECAUSE OF AN UNEDITED DOCUMENT. GET IT EDITED TODAY!
To use the Shop Now, Pay Later facility and pay over a period of up to 12 months:
1. On the Checkout page, the items below should be selected, and then press/click on “Place order”.
2. You will then be taken to a page like this:
3. Press/click on “mobicred”.
4. The following is the next page that you will see after making your selection:
5. If you already have an account with our service provider “mobicred” (which is also a service provider for companies such as Game, Incredible Connection, iStore, etc.), enter your username and password, and then press/click on “PAY”.
6. If you don’t have an account with mobicred, please feel free to open an account on https://www.mobicred.co.za/about/ or https://live.mobicred.co.za/cgi-bin/wspd_cgi.sh/WService=wsb_mcrliv/run.w?run=application.
The application process is really easy, and your application will be processed instantly.
Approval of your application can take up to four business days.
Requirements to qualify for this credit facility* are as follows:
- Have a valid South African ID number
- Be 18 years or older
- Earn a minimum monthly salary of R5 500
- Have an existing and valid bank account in your name
- Have a current and valid email address and mobile number
*Subject to approval
For your convenience, we accept various payment methods, such as:
- Credit Card and Cheque Card
- Debit Card
- EFT (Internet Banking)
- ATM Deposit
- Branch Deposit
- Pay us at any Shoprite, Checkers, Shoprite Usave, Checkers Hyper, OK Furniture, House & Home, and Post Office (SAPO)
- Edit Now, Pay Later/Shop Now, Pay Later
These are some of the organisations that have benefited from our services:
- City of Joburg Property Company (SOC) Limited
- Companies Tribunal
- Education Labour Relations Council (ELRC)
- Film and Publication Board (FPB)
- Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSiRA)
- Public Service Commission (PSC)
- South African Dental Technicians Council (SADTC)
- South African Local Government Association (SALGA)
- South African National Accreditation System (SANAS)
- South African Social Security Agency (SASSA)
- Steve Tshwete Local Municipality (STLM)
Among others, in the public sphere we have edited and proofread the following:
- Annual Reports
- Country Report for Botswana
- Country Report for Namibia
- Country Report for South Africa
- Country Report for Swaziland
Simply choosing any editor to work on your most important documents is not good enough – you need a good editor if quality work is your priority.